The marinade/basting sauce for the salmon fillets is a study in contrasts: bright citrus and sweet, smoky bourbon.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, and add salmon to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1-1/2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Prepare grill or broiler.
Remove salmon from bag, reserving marinade. Place salmon on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 365 (35% from fat); FAT 14.1g (sat 2.5g, mono 6.8g, poly 3.1g); PROTEIN 36g; CARB 18g; FIBER 0.3g; CHOL 111mg; IRON 1.4mg; SODIUM 575mg CALC 34mg