The knockout flavors of rosemary and lemon sear into grilled steak for a South Beach Diet Phase 3 sensation.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 boneless beef loins or New York Strip Steaks
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
Score the steaks in a diamond pattern on both sides. Mix the fresh rosemary, garlic, oil, lemon peel, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture onto the surface of the steaks. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Grill the steaks until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145 degrees F (for medium-rare). Cut the steaks diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Garnish with the rosemary sprigs, if using.
This recipe is optimal for Phase 1, Phase 2, or Phase 3 of the South Beach Diet.