Grilled salmon is served with a creamy avocado dip made with yogurt.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds salmon steaks
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- salt to taste
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
In a medium bowl, mash together avocados, garlic, yogurt, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Rub salmon with dill, lemon pepper, and salt. Place on the prepared grill, and cook 15 minutes, turning once, until easily flaked with a fork. Serve with the avocado mixture.
Greek-style yogurt may be found in food specialty shops. Regular plain yogurt may be substituted.