New York steaks are marinated then grilled, and served with a spicy horseradish guacamole.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 (8 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 1 1/2 cups steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 small avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream or light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
PLACE steak in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add steak sauce and pepper. Seal bag; chill 30 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
MASH avocado in a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and remaining ingredients; cover and chill.
GRILL steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) 7 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with guacamole.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.