Tender chicken thighs filled with tasty homemade stuffing made with soft bread, onions, celery, and crabmeat. Tastes great in the oven and especially on the grill!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups white bread cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, with skin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and season with poultry seasoning and pepper. Stir in the crabmeat, sherry, and bread cubes until everything is well blended.
Preheat a grill for medium heat.
Lay the chicken thighs out skin side down on a clean surface. Spread an even layer of the crab mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
Place the stuffed thighs seam side down onto the grill, and season with garlic salt and onion powder. Cover, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally for even cooking. Chicken is done when juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Chicken may also be baked in an oven at 450 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 7 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and cook for an additional 45 minutes.