Hard-cooked eggs are filled with an enticing avocado mixture instead of the usual, for a fabulously festive appetizer.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 whole eggs in the shell
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, and peel. Slice eggs in half, and remove yolks to a mixing bowl.
In the bowl with the yolks, combine the avocado, cilantro, green onion, and jalapeno. Stir in the lime juice, and season with salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Mix well, and fill empty egg white halves. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.