A rich and creamy chilled dessert from my mother. Includes crunchy nuts, a silky cream cheese layer, rich chocolate pudding, and crowned with chocolate shavings.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy bar, grated
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine flour, butter and nuts until crumbly. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. Beat together chocolate pudding mix, milk and vanilla until creamy. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining 2 cups whipped topping over pudding layer. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until chilled. Garnish with shaved chocolate before serving.