This is a creamy spinach dip with an added crunch from water chestnuts and carrot. Dip in with rye bread cubes or fresh vegetables.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons HERB-OX® Vegetable or Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Rye bread slices or cubes
- Assorted fresh vegetables
In bowl, combine sour cream, yogurt and bouillon. Blend until bouillon is thoroughly dissolved. Add spinach, carrots, water chestnuts, green onion and garlic. Stir to blend. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve with Rye bread and fresh vegetables.
To serve dip, hollow out round loaf of Rye bread leaving a 1-inch border at the top. Fill bowl with spinach dip. Cut the remaining bread from the center of the loaf into pieces and serve with assorted fresh vegetables for dipping.