Halibut steaks are topped with sauteed vegetables before being baked in the oven. A terrific tasting meal with little effort and lots of vitamins.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove chopped fresh garlic
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 6 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic and zucchini. Cover, and cook stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Place halibut steaks into a shallow baking dish, and top with the sauteed vegetables. Season with basil, salt and pepper.
Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove the dish, and cover the fillets with a layer of sliced tomato. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.