After my husband and son brought home (from a recent fishing trip) over 200 pounds of halibut...I had to come up with different ways to prepare this superb fish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound halibut, cooked and flaked
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot of salted water boil egg noodles until al dente. Drain well.
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat saute butter, onion, and garlic until onions are soft. Add flour and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes.
Add mushroom soup to saucepan, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Add cooked halibut and stir in sour cream. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over egg noodles, sprinkle parsley on top. Serve hot.