Grilled halibut is served with a delicious sauce featuring black beans, shallots and rice wine.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets halibut, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic gently until fragrant, but not brown. Stir in black bean sauce, rice wine, and soy sauce. Bring to boil and cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar; set aside.
Pat fish dry. Rub with sesame oil and sprinkle with pepper. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Grill fish for about 5 minutes per side, or just until cooked through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sauce poured over top.