Quiche is a dish perfect for any meal of the day. A deep-dish pie shell filled with delicious ingredients including savory ham, Swiss cheese, evaporated milk, and thyme.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
WHISK together evaporated milk, eggs and flour in large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, ham, green onions, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into pie shell; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 to 7 minutes before serving.
VARIATION: For a lattice top quiche, use ready-made pie pastry for single crust pie. Cut pastry into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Lay pastry strips over filling in lattice-fashion, turning pastry over outside edge of dish. Bake as directed above.