These stuffed pita are a great use for leftovers! I combined a couple of different recipes to come up with this mixture. The almonds and grapes really compliment the ham.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup cooked ham
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons diced green onion
- 4 pita breads, halved
Combine sour cream, lemon juice and mustard in a bowl. Add ham, cheese, almonds, grapes and onions. Toss lightly to coat.
Divide ham mixture evenly between pita pockets. You may eat these as is or heat them briefly. If you choose to heat them, do two halves at a time in the microwave for 1 minute.