This sweet ham salad is great served on bread as a sandwich!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds smoked boneless ham, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 32 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
- 2 red or yellow peppers, cut into strips
In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and relish. Season with pepper. Gently mix in the ham, onion, green pepper, and celery. Spread 8 slices bread with the salad, and top with strips of red or yellow bell pepper and remaining bread to make sandwiches.
The original Ham Salad II, submitted by James, contains 278 calories, 24 g fat, 43 mg cholesterol, 1265 sodium, 7.3 g carbohydrates, .5 g fiber, and 9.9 g protein .