Not what you may be thinking, this is NOT ham mac n' cheese! This is just a simply wonderfully baked pasta dish with tasty ham. The pasta is put in the casserole dish dry, and it cooks in the oven!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 (26 ounce) jar onion and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound thickly sliced honey baked ham, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine dry pasta, spaghetti sauce, ham, garlic, onion powder and pepper. Fill sauce jar with water, and pour over mixture. Mix well, and spoon into 9x13 inch casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Carefully remove foil, then sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.