Truly 'comfort food,' this yummy lasagna is a unique variation on a classic favorite. The white sauce complements the chicken and ham perfectly with just a hint of nutmeg. The broccoli can be decreased or left out entirely if you don't care for it.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 24 1/2 ounces canned chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained (optional)
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed, cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and pepper. Cook until soft and tender. Sprinkle flour over vegetables, and stir to coat. Stir in milk and chicken broth. Cook until sauce thickens. Stir in broccoli, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook until Parmesan is melted.
Layer baking dish with 1/4 sauce, 1/4 noodles, 1/4 ham, 1/4 chicken, and 1/4 Swiss. Repeat layers 3 times. Cover with foil.
Bake in a preheated oven 35 to 40 minutes.