This fresh and friendly vegetable bake is easy to make and packed with goodness.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup green beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup finely diced smoked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, corn, peas and green beans; season with salt and pepper. Stir in cottage cheese and egg whites. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle on ham and green onion. Top with cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until center is set, about 40 to 60 minutes.