Simple to whip up, this is quick but hearty dinner pie that can be made with either ground beef or ground turkey. The meat and onion are sauteed, then tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms are stirred in. The tasty filling is spooned into a past
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Crumble ground beef into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add onion and continue to cook until meat and onion are both browned. Drain off excess fat.
Mix in soup, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and mushrooms. Pour mixture into pastry-lined pan. Cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Place slices of cheese on top of pie. Serve pie while hot.