A wonderful soup that warms you up on cold day.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
In a large stock pot brown ground beef and chopped onion. Drain grease from pot.
Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta, cook until tender, and drain.
Add beef broth, tomatoes, frozen peas and carrots, pepper, garlic salt and cooked pasta. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until peas and carrots are cooked. Simmer until ready to serve.