These rye slices topped with sausage and cheese are so easy and so delicious that they are sure to please. In fact, my husband loves them so much that I sometimes make them on regular-sized rye bread for dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound fresh, ground pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 16 ounces cocktail rye bread
In a large skillet, cook sausage over a medium heat until it is browned and cooked through. Stir onion, garlic powder, black pepper, and process cheese into the skillet. Stir until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are well combined.
Spread 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each slice of cocktail rye. Serve warm.