One of the first recipes to come out of the EAGLE BRAND® kitchen, magazine ads in 1927 promised 'glorious pumpkin pie...the kind about which poets have sung.'
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 (3 inch) unbaked tart shells
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Whisk together EAGLE BRAND®, pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour evenly into tart shells.
Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 18 minutes or until center is just set and pastry is golden.
Cool and garnish as desired.