A combination of ground beef and egg noodles is simmered in tomato and vegetable soups and topped with American cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed vegetable soup
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices processed American cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add dry egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain fat. Stir in tomato and vegetable soups, salt and pepper. Mix in the noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
Transfer mixture to an 11x7 inch baking dish and layer with cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly brown.