This tasty slaw is perked up by the addition of mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, ginger and nutmeg.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, 1 tablespoon of reserved orange juice, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and pepper.
Toss the oranges and pineapple into the mixture. Stir in mayonnaise until evenly coated. Chill well before serving.