This is an old family favorite. We especially like it for the Thanksgiving holiday. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt to taste
- 1/8 cup butter
Toss apple slices with lemon juice. Place in a 10 x 6 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish. Spoon pineapple evenly over apples, then cover with cranberry sauce.
Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in butter or margarine till crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or till apples are tender. Serve warm.