Very popular Hawaiian pupu - you can even get pork hash at the 7-11 here. My recipe is better - it includes shrimp!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound shrimp - peeled, deveined and minced to a paste
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package round dumpling skins
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground pork, shrimp, egg white, water chestnuts, green onion, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, and sesame oil.
Place about 1 tablespoon of this filling onto the center of each dumpling wrapper, and bring the sides up to the top. Do not seal the top, as these dumplings are left open. Place dumplings in a steamer.
Set the steamer basket over a pan or wok of boiling water. Steam for 30 minutes.