Fresh pineapple and coconut milk transform regular waffles into a remarkable tropical brunch extravaganza!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
Preheat a lightly greased waffle iron.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate medium bowl, mix egg yolk, sour cream, coconut milk, pineapple and butter. Thoroughly mix in the flour mixture. Gently fold in egg whites.
Pour the mixture into the prepared waffle iron, and cook until golden brown.