A refreshing summer dessert, this has a layer of yellow cake covered with pineapple then topped with a fluffy cream layer and garnished with coconut and chopped nuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Bake in a 10x15 inch pan. remove from oven and allow to cool. Spread drained pineapple on top of cooled cake.
Prepare pudding as instructed on package and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the prepared pudding. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread evenly over the pineapple.
Sprinkle top with coconut, chopped walnuts and maraschino cherries. Store in refrigerator.