This is a fun and stackable dish that literally looks like its name. First comes the plate than the pile of corn chips, then kidney beans, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions, olives, carrot, cheddar cheese, salsa and finally, a dollop of sour cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
In a medium saucepan, combine the kidney beans, salt, chili powder and pepper. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
To assemble the haystacks put a hand full of corn chips on a plate, follow with a spoonful of heated bean mixture, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions, olives, carrot, and cheddar cheese. Top with salsa and sour cream.