A fast and healthy breakfast cereal or high-energy snack. Oatmeal made with coconut, raisins, cranberries, walnuts. Brown rice can be used in place of oatmeal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 1/2 cups plain or vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional)
Pour the milk and salt into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir in the oats, maple syrup, raisins, and cranberries. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts and coconut, and let stand until it reaches your desired thickness. Spoon into serving bowls, and top with yogurt and honey, if desired.