This salad is very easy to make and always requested by my family. People think they are eating something special because it is made with hearts of palm. Best if chilled overnight.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 (14.25 ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 2 (.7 ounce) packages dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup white wine or champagne vinegar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) jar green olives, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing mix, vinegar, and water until well blended. Whisk in olive oil. Add hearts of palm to the bowl, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
Before serving, sprinkle the green and black olives, and bacon bits over the salad.