Cabbage, apples and potato are featured in this cream soup flavored with garlic and Italian seasoning.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and finely diced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large potato, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large heavy pot, cook onion and apple in oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Stir in cabbage and garlic, then reduce heat. Stir in potato, broth, Italian seasoning and sugar; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Heat through and serve.