A great way to use leftover ham. Baked cheesy potatoes with ham and corn.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces processed cheese food, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
Combine potatoes, ham, corn and parsley; set aside. In a saucepan saute onion in butter for 2 minutes, stir in flour until blended well. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the ham mixture. Stir to mix well.
Pour into greased 11x7 baking dish. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese melts.