A heavenly pink concoction made with rice, pineapples, marshmallows and whipped cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, or to taste
In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine rice, pineapple, marshmallows, cherries and about 1 tablespoon cherry juice. In a chilled bowl, whip the cream until peaks form. Fold in confectioners sugar. Fold whipped cream into rice mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours.