Tender strips of chicken are sauteed with mushrooms, onions, garlic and basil, with a handful of chopped tomatoes tossed in to finish the sauce. Serve this aromatic medley over your favorite pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in about 4 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, basil, and pepper; saute 5 minutes, or until chicken is done. Add chopped tomato, and saute an additional 2 minutes.
Serve chicken herb sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.