Herbed Creamed Cheese With Scallions and Tuna brings together three kid pleasers: tuna, cream cheese and bagels.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 scallions (green onions), roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (peel)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 6 ounces canned white albacore tuna, drained and broken into small chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Process scallions, zest and basil in a food processor until minced. Add lemon juice and cream cheese; pulse until combined. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in tuna, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
Put a portion of spread in a small lidded container. Add celery and carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, a mini bagel and/or crackers for dipping or spreading. Include a plastic knife.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article Lunch Box Rules on August 15, 2004.
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.