Turn ordinary crackers into sweet treats. Try any combination of Hershey's baking chips for the perfect entertaining tray; they're perfect for gift packages, too!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package HERSHEY®'S Mint Chocolate Chips*
- 1 (12 ounce) package HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 60 round buttery crackers (about one-half 1-lb. box)
Line several trays or cookie sheets with wax paper.
Place mint chocolate chips, chocolate chips and shortening in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. Continue heating 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Drop crackers into chocolate mixture, one at a time. Using tongs, push cracker into chocolate so that it is covered completely. (If chocolate begins to thicken, reheat 10 to 20 seconds in microwave.) Remove from chocolate, tapping lightly on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on prepared tray. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens (about 20 minutes). For best results, store tightly covered in refrigerator.
* 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips and 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract may be substituted for mint chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate: Use 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips, 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips and 2 tablespoons shortening. Proceed as above.
Chocolate Raspberry: Use 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Raspberry Chips, 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips and 2 tablespoons shortening. Proceed as above.
White Chip and Toffee: Melt 1-2/3 cups (10-oz.pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips and 1 tablespoon shortening. Dip crackers; before coating hardens sprinkle with SKOR English Toffee Bits or HEATH Almond Toffee Bits.