Can't get enough dark chocolate in your life? Direct from Hershey's Kitchens comes the delectable Special Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie using Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups HERSHEY®'S SPECIAL DARK® Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.