Chocolate muffins made with applesauce and oatmeal and studded with peanut butter chips.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY®'S Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup REESE'S® Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Heat oven to 350 F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
Stir together applesauce and oats in small bowl; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce mixture; blend well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle muffin tops with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Variation: Fudgey Chocolate Chip Muffins: Omit Peanut Butter Chips. Add 1 cup Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.