These rich brownies are secretly full of nutritious things like wheat germ, raisins and whole wheat flour.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package REESE'S® Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
In large mixer bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Blend in cocoa and milk. Stir together whole wheat flour, nonfat dry milk powder, wheat germ, baking powder and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in peanut butter chips and raisins. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bars begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 36 brownies.