This recipe has been in my family since I was very young. Noodles and cheese are baked with a mildly spiced tomato sauce. It is very quick and easy. Perfect for a busy family! Even my picky two year old likes it!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 16 slices American cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the tomato soup, corn, onion, and cream of mushroom soup. Stir in the cooked noodles until well coated. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place slices of cheese to cover the top.
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.