Leftover cooked chicken and canned red beans are simmered with diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, broccoli and carrots in this quick soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 (16.5 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 pinch garlic powder
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and onion. Bring to a boil, then stir in cooked chicken, beans, broccoli, carrots, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Let boil 5 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes more.