Zesty Italian dressing and a night in the fridge do wonders for the beans in this simple but tasty salad. It couldn 't be easier. Green beans and limas are mixed with green onions and pimentos, chilled and served over chopped lettuce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 14 ounces frozen green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pimentos
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
Prepare Italian salad dressing according to instructions.
In a salad bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the Italian salad dressing, green beans, lima beans, green onions and pimentos. Refrigerate over night. Serve chilled over shredded lettuce.