A mixture of diced chicken breast, creamy soups, onion, potatoes, carrots, peas and broth is topped with a margarine/flour/milk mixture and baked to warm, wintry perfection.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - diced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine the chicken, cream of mushrooms soup, cream of chicken soup, onion, broth, potatoes, carrots and peas. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into three 1-quart baking dishes.
Melt margarine in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in flour and whisk. Pour in milk and mix well, then pour mixture evenly over the chicken mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.