This recipe uses an almond buttercrunch confection; a plain chocolate bar could be substituted for a more traditional fudge.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/3 cups butter
- 4 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow creme
- 12 ounces almond buttercrunch confection, chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pound chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Lightly butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
Combine milk, butter, sugar, and salt in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes.
Combine marshmallow cream, candy bar, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Pour hot sugar syrup over mixture, stir until chocolate is melted and well blended. Stir in walnuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared baking dish. Allow to cool before serving.