Holiday Morning French Toast is the perfect breakfast item to serve your family on a special holiday morning. It can be made up the night before and simply baked in the morning. The aroma lets your family know that they are in for a real treat.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 3 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat well. Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish. Arrange slices of bread on top.
Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended. Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
Bake, covered with aluminum foil, in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm. For an eye-catching presentation, loosen edges of baking dish and invert onto a large serving platter.