This cake is great for the one who likes to try something a little different. Serve plain or with whipped cream. Substitute lemon juice for the sherry if you prefer.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 pound marshmallows, quartered
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped salted pecans
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons sherry
Heat marshmallows and cream over low heat, folding over and over until marshmallows are half melted. Remove from heat, and continue folding until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Cool.
Add 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, fruit, nuts, orange rind and sherry to the marshmallows. Stir to combine.
Sprinkle a buttered loaf pan with 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, then pour the marshmallow concoction over crumbs. Chill thoroughly.