Delicious smoked salmon tops this easy to make cool pasta salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound cucumber, sliced
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fat free blue cheese salad dressing
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and add farfalle pasta. Cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a serving bowl, and gently toss with the olive oil until all the pasta is coated. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes.
Arrange the cucumber slices around the edges of the pasta. Top pasta with smoked salmon, tomato, and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Monterey Jack cheese and salad dressing to serve.