Almond and coconut flavors complement the apples beautifully! Granny Smith apples work best, but any will do. Serve with warm custard for a simple yet delicious Autumn dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 large apple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange apple pieces in baking dish, sprinkle with sugar, and cinnamon; toss well.
In a bowl, combine the rice flour, almond meal, sugar, and coconut. Cut in butter until mixture is fine and crumbly. Sprinkle topping over apples
Cover, and bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until the apples have lost their shape. Uncover, and continue to bake until crumble is crisp and golden in color.