Delicious, truly guilt-free cookies with the strong, tasty flavors of ginger, honey, and orange that blend like a party in your mouth!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2/3 cup triticale flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons fruit-based fat substitute
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granular sucrolose sweetener (eg. Splenda™)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
Place half of the oats, and half of the triticale into a blender or food processor, and grind into a fine powder. Transfer to a medium bowl, and combine with the remaining oats, triticale, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the fat substitute, honey, and sucrolose sweetener until smooth. Mix in the vanilla and orange zest. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until well blended. Finally, stir in the chopped candied ginger and cranberries. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets for at least 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.