Baby carrots baked with onions, honey and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Toss carrots with onion, and add Worcestershire sauce, oregano, monosodium glutamate, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Turn oven off and add honey and butter, mixing thoroughly. Place dish back in the warm oven for a few minutes. Serve immediately.